Identifying Special Educational Needs
Identifying Children with SEN
The list below shows a number of ways Whitley Village identifies if a child has SEND.
- Our open door policies ensure that discussions with parents / carers who express concerns leads to further investigations
- Children entering the Reception are screened using the WELLCOM language assessment.
- All children are closely monitored by class teachers and other staff members through observations, analysis of data and / or emotional / social concerns. These are relayed to the school's SENDCo who will make further investigations / analysis.
- Referrals may be made through outside agencies such as GPs, Speech and Language Therapists etc. (permission will always be sought from parents first).
- The school use a number of diagnostic assessment tests for reading, writing, spelling, comprehension, mathematics and emotional needs.
- Regular meetings are held with all class teachers and the Inclusion Manager to discuss any concerns.