I-pad apps and useful websites
Date: 31st Jan 2016 @ 9:35pm
Some parents were asking about I-pad apps after having the I-pads out during stay and play on Friday.
Below is a list of apps we use in school that are great for helping the children learn key skills in a fun way. Some you need to pay for but they are well worth the money.
- Bloble Write HD - Free.
- Twinkl Phonics Suite - £4.99 - Includes phases 2-5.
- abc Joined Up - £2.29 - Great for Yr 1 children practicing their cursive handwriting.
- Collins Big Cat - Free - 8 books in total at a range of different levels.
- Phonics Street - Free - Suitable for Reception children.
- Mr Thorne Does Phonics and Geraldine the Giraffe - There is a large range of apps in this range. All suitable for phonics activities. If you search him on Youtube or search Geraldine the Giraffe there are lots of videos on there linked to the sounds and words we teach the children. The children love watching these videos!
I have also added some links to some websites that we use for phonics and maths games. Not all of them are tablet friendly as they require flash.
If you know of any really good apps, particularly apps that are not american, or websites, please add them in the comments section below.
Hope this list helps,